Stay Warm and Increase Furnace Efficiency
Making sure your furnace is properly maintained can help to save you money on both your unit and your energy bills. If you follow these simple ways to increase furnace efficiency, you will see how saving money while staying warm is not difficult at all!
How Do I Increase Furnace Efficiency?
- Replace the Furnace Filter: Replacing your furnace filter to avoid excess dirt build-up is essential to the function of your furnace. If the filter is not replaced on a regular basis, dirt and dust particles are unable to move through the filter resulting in the increase of energy your furnace outputs. Unfortunately, this will decrease the efficiency of your furnace unit as a whole, so make sure that you change the filter frequently.
- Install a Smart Thermostat: A smart thermostat is beneficial to those who are not home on a consistent basis. It becomes quite a tedious task to ensure your home is the temperature that you want it to be when arriving home from work/activities. With a smart thermostat, you can control your HVAC system from anywhere sing your phone!
- Receive Your Annual Tune-Up: Maintaining your furnace is probably the most important factor when trying to sustain your units energy efficiency. If your unit is not properly maintained, it will breakdown and cause you a significant amount of problems as the years go on. If properly maintained, a furnace can work up to 40% more efficiently, and avoid costly repairs!
- Seal Air Ducts: Air ducts help to keep good air quality flowing through the home at all times. Faulty air ducts can in fact result in up to 20% of heated air escaping from your furnace into your home. Less heat will be wasted and more money will be saved on your energy bill!
- Zoned Heating System: Zoned heating and cooling is when your system is designed to heat or cool different areas of your home depending on the zone settings. This will help to eliminate both hot and cold spots resulting in savings on your energy bill when the end of the month rolls around.
Schedule your Prozone Furnace Maintenance Tune-up today to ensure your furnace is running smoothly and efficiently!